More and more official documents are being converted to PDF files, and hard copies are fast becoming the exception rather than the rule. A PDF must be signed even if it is a digital document (PDF stands for Portable Document Format; Adobe invented it in the early 1990s.) Alternatively, you can create a digital signature directly on the PDF and scan the document back into your computer. Learn How to create a signature for PDF documents on a Mac.
For Mac users, creating and saving a digital signature is a breeze in Preview, which comes pre-installed with the operating system. Unfortunately, it is not quite as easy.) Once you do that, whenever you open a PDF in Preview, adding a signature is as simple as dragging and dropping.
It would be best if you had a PDF prepared before you can create your signature:
- Use the built-in Preview app on your Mac to view a PDF file. You can create a PDF file with your favorite word processor and save it as a PDF file if you don’t have a PDF document handy.)
- Click on the “pen in a circle” icon at the top right of the Preview window to open the Markup tool, or select View > Show Markup Toolbar if you prefer to view the tool by selecting it.
- Click on the Signature icon (it looks like a line with a signature).
Also Read – How to remove virus from an iPhone?
Creating your signature is now possible. Click on the “Create Signature” button (if you have already created a signature). You will see either two or three buttons at the top. Choose from these options:
- You should select the trackpad. Click on the button “Click Here to Begin” in the center of the screen, sign your name on your trackpad, press any key, then click on “Done.”
- Hold a white piece of paper up to the Camera (and on the line across the screen) until your signature appears. After you select Camera, hold the paper up to your Camera until the signature appears on-screen. (Note: you might see the signature backward when you hold it up, but you will see it correctly when you digitize it. If the paper doesn’t fill the screen or other markings are on the paper, you may see others besides the signature, so you will need to try it a few times to get it right.)
- When you connect an iPhone to the Mac, a button labeled “iPhone” will appear. When you select it, a field will appear where you can sign; your signature will also appear on the Mac.
To eliminate the unwanted signature, hit the “Clear” button on the window’s lower left if you have to try again. Press “Done” when you’re satisfied.
Whenever you want to sign a document in Preview, click on the Signature icon and sign the document. You can then adjust its size and location by dragging the box on your document.
You can create additional signatures by following the same procedure. Afterward, you can select your preferred signature by clicking on the Signature icon. Do you no longer need any of the signatures? Click on the “x” next to the signature to delete it. Just hover over it, and the signature will be gone.